9 Things to Consider When You're Thinking About Moving
by Jen Scholte
on Friday, February 28th, 2020 at 11:48am.
Considering moving into a new home? Amidst a move, you may feel the excitement of a new home wear off and the panic of packing up boxes and getting your finances in order set in. With a whirlwind of things to accomplish, some of the important to-do's may fall to the wayside. We've rounded up 9 expert-approved tips from the Peak 95.1's Real Estate Expert Jen Scholte, Broker to keep you sane and in control during your move.
1. A moving budget removes the financial stress. Budget for movers and cleaners to dinners out and extra supplies.
2. Block your move into your family calendar. Consider family, work and holiday plans so you aren’t having to sacrifice the important things.
3. Collect all important documents. Place them in one box and pick a spot. Keep them handy and easy to locate.
4. Needing a bit of extra time? Consider your work schedule and request time off early so you can plan ahead.
5. Make your move efficient by using a system. Colour code and label boxes as you pack making it easy for movers to follow on moving day.
6. Call the Jen Scholte Team to prepare to sell and plan to buy and help you navigate a successful move.
7. What makes you smile about where you are now? Let us know so we can consider these features when selling and look for them in your new home.
8. Create a surface renovation checklist of all the free things you can do to prepare your home for staging and selling.
9. Envision your perfect home. Make a wish list of must-haves and would-likes to help guide your new home search.
Catch the full Ask The Expert Segment Here:
If you're ready to make a move, reach out to Jen Scholte, Broker at 705.444.4949. Let's put your vision into action!